Friday, April 9, 2010

Six, Seven and Eight

Somewhere about 2 weeks from my deadline I became more confident about my theme for the show. The only concern became what to paint? I knew the focus was about family life, but how can you represent this idea with paintings. I decided to try and capture the idea of change. I remember my daughter going through a lot of changes; in particular when she was younger she used to love the color pink but one day she reminded me it was not her favorite color anymore. Not only was she growing up and able to make choices for herself, I realized I may not know what these changes would bring. A happy but sad time as a parent to realize.


I don't like Pink anymore, 18 x 24, acrylic on board

















Single socks, 16 x 20, acrylic on board
For everyone who has wondered where the other match went






















What's For Dinner, 36 x 24., acrylic on board

This is a major concern in my household.
Even the cat persistently asks when you walk in the door














No comments:

Post a Comment