Monday, October 26, 2009

Revised Artist Statement

(if I could stop posting to the main Senior Art page, maybe this would work out)

As a visual artist, my work explores around the ideas of identity, storytelling and natural and human forms. Inspiration comes from my immediate environment of everyday domestic and natural spaces from which I document the world around me.

I love to watch a piece of work emerge from a bare surface to the painted canvas before me. My passion for painting helps me visually illustrate objects beyond what we normally see and to capture this moment in time. The excitement of the process fuels my passion and reawakens memories of the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Short and sweet! I really like confident and open tone of this statement. The only thing I feel may perhaps benefit this statement is just adding a tiny bit more about HOW it is you feel your work is re-configuring these objects that give you so much inspiration. Maybe, to answer this question, you may read your own work outside of your position as the creator. That is, what is it that your paintings capture or hold on to of these objects or people that is important to you as a viewer?

    ReplyDelete